How to Choose the Best PSU for a Multi-GPU Mining Rig; GPU mining, GPU Mining motherboard, GPU Mining Rig, GPU Mining Rig motherboard, H61 Pro BTC. Jan 24, 2018 · Feel confused finding the best Motherboard for Mining? We have a Top List with cons/pros and explanations to help you just now. Every mining rig build starts from the ground – and the ground level for a computer is the motherboard. It’s the board that connects everything else together.
Posts Tagged ‘motherboard for Ethereum mining with multiple GPUs for mining is for the motherboard to have nae as they will most likely be the best. Wanting to buy the best Motherboard for Litecoin Mining in 2018 will make you read professional reviews. Click here, visit our website and have access to such reviews. How to Choose the Best PSU for a Multi-GPU Mining Rig; GPU mining, GPU Mining motherboard, GPU Mining Rig, GPU Mining Rig motherboard, H61 Pro BTC. Jan 24, 2018 · Feel confused finding the best Motherboard for Mining? We have a Top List with cons/pros and explanations to help you just now. Every mining rig build starts from the ground – and the ground level for a computer is the motherboard. It’s the board that connects everything else together.
Latest version of my guide to building seek mining operating a mining rig is here, How to Build a 6 Rig GPU Miner for Zcash and Ethereum with Nvidia GTX 1070 and EthosDistro posted Oct 1, best motherboard for mining, 2017 on Steemit.
This is the latest model of 6 GPU mining rig I am building this week.
Bill of Materials
Equipment list – Links are to Newegg or Amazon or Parallel Mining product page
- Asrock Fatal1ty Gaming K4 motherboard with the B250 chipset
- Intel Celeron in the LGA 1151 processor
- Kingston HyperX FURY Black 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM Desktop Memory
- SSD – EthosDistro 16GB with operating system and application pre-installed.
- Case – ParallelMiner BAREBONE – ALL ALUMINIUM 6.1 GPU OPEN AIR MINING CASE
- Power Supply – Antec High Current Pro 1300W ATX12V/EPS12V Power Supply HCP-1300 Platinum 94% efficient
- PCI-E Risers – ITHOO USB3.0 PCI EXPRESS 1X TO 16X EXTENDER RISER CARD ADAPTER W/ 24″ CABLE from parallel miner – Qty 6
- GPU – MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 8G 8GB
- ATX power switch – PC Case Red Green LED Lamp ATX Best motherboard for mining Supply Reset HDD Switch Lead 20″ (optional)
- Case screws:
- Motherboard to case – PC Mounting Computer Screws M3 x 1/4-Inches Long – qty 50
- Risers and GPU’s to case – Maxmoral 200pcs Toothed Hex 6/32 SCREW 6 – 32 Computer – qty 200
Total Cost for Bill of Materials: ~$2250
I always forget something when I build the machine. Here’s some basic instructions for the most efficient order of operations. The idea is to get a basic computer built, troubleshoot any potential issues, install the operating system and application, then build the rest of the machine.
- Assemble the Case
- Put the CPU, CPU fan, and memory on the motherboard. Plug in the CPU fan.
- Attach the ATX power switches and LED’s to the power header.
- Plug the SATA cable into the motherboard.
- Put the motherboard in the case and screw it in with the smaller screws.
- Attach the power supply to the right side of the case. Use the screws that came in the box. Attach power cables from the vegas mining supply to the Motherboard, CPU power, SSD.
- Screw in one of the PCI-E Riser cards, plug it into the PCI-E slot closest to the processor, and plug in power from the power supply.
- Put a GPU into the PCI-E riser card, screw it into the case, and attach PCI-E power cable to it.
- Attach a keyboard to the motherboard and HDMI monitor to the GPU card.
- Plug the power cord into the Antec power supply, best motherboard for mining, turn on the power switch.
- Press the ATX power button. The machine should boot.
If it doesn’t boot, this is the time to do basic troubleshooting. Don’t add any more graphics cards until you get at least one working.
If it does boot, set up the BIOS, connect an ethernet best motherboard for mining to the network that can get to the internet, and reboot.
Motherboard BIOS Settings
Turn of unneeded services on the BIOS.
Keep all the PCI settings on Auto
Set the graphics TOLUD to 3.5GB
Complete Build Guide – Older version
For details of setting up the hardware and software, look at this previous post:
Best motherboards for mining Ethereum (plus ZenCash, ZCash, & more) - How to MineEvery mining rig build starts from the ground – and the ground level for a computer is the motherboard. It’s the board that connects everything else together. Full list of the best ASRock, Biostar, ASUS, MSI motherboards for mining Ethereum, Featercoin, ZCash, ZenCash, and other cryptocurrencies. Motherboards for Crypto Mining ASUS Biostar GIGABYTE MSI and more! All in stock and ready for immediate delivery. I was wondering what the "farms" use for motherboards and equipment - Like in this video. It appears they are putting 6 risers/video cards per board. I have read that this is not the best way. Configuring BIOS Settings for GPU Mining on Intel Motherboards Block Operations. Mining FAQ; Posts;. A good Motherboard list for Mining 2017 | Cryptocurrency Mining is increasingly a trend today, how not just by turning by mavicorp.
Wanting to buy the best Motherboard for Litecoin Mining in 2018 will make you read professional reviews. Click here, visit our website and have access to such reviews. How to Choose the Best PSU for a Multi-GPU Mining Rig; GPU mining, GPU Mining motherboard, GPU Mining Rig, GPU Mining Rig motherboard, H61 Pro BTC. Listed here, the best Motherboards for mining ethereum. If you use pci risers, you can add to 6 GPU for ethereum mining.
Every mining rig build starts from the ground – and the ground level for a computer is the motherboard. It’s the board that connects everything else together.
If you’ve built computers before, you need to change your mindset a little bit. Typically, specs you look for in a motherboard are things like speed, processor chipset, and things that affect the performance of your overall computer build. With a gpu mining motherboard, there are only a few factors that matter.
Mining Motherboard Specs to Consider
- Number of PCI-Express slots – The more slots you have, the more GPUs you can connect to a single motherboard which helps cut down on overall cost per GPU. These can be PCI-Express x16 slots or PCI-Express x1 slots, but they need to be PCI-Express 3.0 slots (this may not be true, but there seems to be lots of opinions on it and since this is my first build I’ll just stick with what motherboards people are recommending, and those all come with PCI-Express 3.0 slots)
- Processor style – This dictates the age/style of processor you can plug in, and typically we want something that handles an older/cheaper processor since mining does not require a lot of processor power.
- Cost – This is of course related to the number of PCI slots and can get a little sticky, but the lower the cost the less your mining rig will cost and the less time it will take to make your money back while mining Ethereum. If you are only ever going to buy 4 GPUs, then get a cheaper motherboard. However, in a couple months when that is paid off maybe you’ll wish you had bought a motherboard that handled more GPUs? I will be starting with just 2 GPUs, but I am looking for a 6 or 7 PCI slot motherboard so that once I am up and running and I can see how fast my payback period will be, I can buy more GPUs without any additional costs to the mining rig build besides the cost of the GPUs.
Best Ethereum Mining Motherboard
ASUS !19 GPU! B250 Cryptocurrency Mining Motherboard
Wow, it was just a few months ago and people were excited to know that it was possible to connect 7 GPUs to a motherboard. Well, once again, ASUS has raised the bar! This motherboard has a massive 19 PCIe slots – so you can seriously connect 19 GPUs to this motherboard!
There are multiple power slots that allow you to power each bank of PCI slots with a separate power supply unit. Using the LGA1151 CPU chip type means this motherboard support 6th generation Intel processors.
There are a few caveats for connecting 19 GPUs – ASUS says that some need to be AMD and others need to be NVidia in order to get 19 of them recognized.
This is the best mining motherboard we’ve come across in 2017 – for about the same cost as other mining motherboards, this one allows over twice as many GPUs. Crazy! I can’t wait to get my hands on one of these for testing purposes.
View on Amazon
Gigabyte LGA1151 Z170 ATX Motherboard
It seems like every motherboard manufacturer comes out with a competing product – strange I know! This one from Gigabyte takes on the Asus and MSI models head to head. It’s the same LGA1151 CPU socket that supports 6th generation Intel processors. And, the same as the competition, this board comes with 7 GPU slots ready to make a top-dollar-earning ethereum mining rig, although the configuration of the slots is different. Instead of having 3x PCI-Express 3.0 16x slots, it has one – and the other 2 slots are PCI-Express 3.0 x8 and PCI-Express 3.0 x4. It does have the same 4x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 slots as the Asus and MSI Z170A models.
View on Amazon
ASUS Prime Z270-A Motherboard
The Asus PRIME Z270A motherboard supports up to 7 GPUs for mining, which makes it one of the top choices for building an ethereum mining rig. It supports the more current LGA1151 CPU socket for using the 6th generation Intel processors. It has 4x PCI-Express x1 slots and 3x PCI-Express x16 slots just like the Z170A from MSI. We’d recommend either one depending on price and availability. Right now they are pretty much the same price.
View on Amazon
Biostar TB250-BTC Motherboard for Mining
The Biostar Mining motherboard has 6 slots ready to take your 6 GPUs. This motherboard supports the 6th generation Intel chips with the CPU socket LGA1151. This motherboard is a good choice since it has the newer CPU socket, it just doesn’t support the 7 GPUs that some of the other boards do. It does seem to be in stock more than the 7 GPU options.
View on Amazon
ASRock H81 Pro BTC R2.0 Motherboard
The ASRock motherboard is another good choice, from a different manufacturer. It’s an older board, it supports the 4th generation Intel chip. Also, it supports 6 GPUs while some of the newer boards can support 7.
View on Amazon
MSI Z170A Gaming M5 Motherboard
Last updated July, 2017
The Z170A M5 motherboard from MSI supports the 6th generation Intel Core processors. With 3x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slots and 4x PCI-Express 3.0 x1 slots, this motherboard supports up to 7 GPUs to allow the most mining bang for your buck from a single rig. In the past the Z170A series motherboard has received negative reviews from miners because it had trouble running more than 4 cards – which was disappointing when trying to build a mining rig that produces top return-on-investment. However, with the new BIOS settings that the more recent boards are shipping with, and by using Windows 10, the problem has been fixed.
View on Amazon
|SOCIETY OF MINING||941|
|MINING HARDWARE TEST||95|
|MINING COINS ANDROID||625|
|MINING IN CUBA||Usb mining buy|
|Geforce 1070 mining||Books text mining|